What is Ayurveda ?
Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word and has 2 roots
Ayur / Ayush = Life Vid / Veda = Science
Ayurveda is an ancient holistic treatment method which originated in Sri Lanka and India. Ayurveda has been influenced by the traditional Chinese medicine as well as the herbal medicine of Western countries and modern medicine, it is based on the idea of balance within all body systems. Using natural remedies such as leaves, herbs and roots, this medical system helps keep the human body healthy, heal and prevent disease.
The word Ayurveda is a compound of the words “ayur” (life) and “Veda” (knowledge) and translates as the knowledge of life. Through diet, herbal treatments and yogic breathing techniques, Ayurveda can restore physical and mental health. Ayurveda is considered the oldest healing system in the world, which is still widely used in the modern world.
The World’s Oldest Health Science
In India there is a legend for everything – also for the origin of Ayurveda. According to legend, Brahma, one of the main gods in Hinduism, created Ayurveda and passed this teaching on to others. These treatments, using natural remedies, have been passed down from generation to generation. The first written record was made many years later. There is no exact date for the emergence of Ayurveda, but these written records help in orientation. Even complex surgical procedures are described in Ayurvedic texts from at least 3,500 years ago.
The Quest for Harmony & Inner Peace
Ayurveda focuses on harmony and balance, not only within the body, but also between individuals and their environment. According to Ayurveda, each person is an interconnected and complex system that includes body, energy, mind and spirit. Therefore, Ayurveda does not focus on symptoms, but aims to diagnose and treat the root cause of an imbalance that is responsible for disease…. Symptoms are not problems to be treated, but warning signs of an imbalance at a much deeper level. Ayurveda emphasizes that suppression of natural body processes is unhealthy and can lead to disease. It emphasizes the need for moderation in diet, sleep, and sexual intercourse. However, when following one’s natural urges, it is important to stay within reasonable limits.
All our doctors are highly qualified in Ayurveda and other therapies. Ayurveda is a holistic philosophy, so it is important for our staff to work together to ensure that every aspect of your visit contributes to your wellbeing.You will definitely feel our friendliness
Professional Ayurveda cure for your well-being
With a team of experienced Ayurvedic doctors and therapists we offer you your personal and holistic care. Classical Panchakarma is one of our preferred treatments. Gentle, basic treatments help regenerate, build and strengthen your immune system.
- A detailed diagnosis determines your current condition and your unbalanced Dosha.
- Your further therapies will be adjusted to this. You will receive up to five treatments per day, such as oil massage, herbal and steam baths. Daily yoga, Tai Chi, meditation, music therapy and finally a flower bath complete your program.
Our treatments will make these positive effects on your body & mind
- Activation of the metabolism
- Stabilization of the immune system
- Increased vitality
- Significant improvement in overall well-being
- Increased stress tolerance
- Improved concentration and memory
- Improved creative and intuitive abilities
- Weight loss
- A new sense of wholeness
- Inner peace
- A new experience of a purified being
- Beautiful, harmonized and revitalized skin
- Shiny and strong hair
- Clear, radiant eyes
- Strengthened connective tissue
Ayuveda Treatments offered by Sath Villa & Naadi Ayurveda Health Resort
- Treatments for stress reduction
- Body cleansing
- Shirodhara (oil application on the head)
- Treatments that help with weight loss
- Treatments for the skin,
- metabolism, digestive system and eyes
The prices include Ceylonese VAT. (without flight)
An ayurveda vacation is ideal for overweight people trying to lose weight and deal with its consequences as well as people with skin diseases, allergies, metabolic problems, stomach problems, intestinal problems, physical and mental stress.
The medically recommended minimum duration of a cure is 14 days.
WINTER PRICES 2022/23
Valid from 01.November 2022 to 30.April 2023
- Single room 155.00 € (per person/per day)
- Double room 125.00 € (per person/per day)
- Airport transfer 70.00 € per way from/to Sath Villa & Naadi Ayurveda resort
- If you arrive in the morning, the day will be charged as treatment day
- In case of arrival in the afternoon, the price for the stay without cure will be charged
- In case of departure in the afternoon, the day will be charged as a treatment day
SUMMER PRICES 2023
Valid from 01 May 2023 to 31 October 2023
- Single room 115.00 € (per person/per day)
- Double room 100.00 € (per person/per day)
- Airport transfer 70.00€ per trip from/to Sath Villa & Naadi Ayurveda Resort
- If you arrive in the morning, the day will be charged as a treatment day
- In case of arrival in the afternoon, the price is for the stay without cure
- If arriving in the afternoon or later, the day will be charged as a treatment day
The price includes:
- Ayurvedic full board
- Evening events
- Lectures about Ayurveda
- 2x per week yoga (1 hr. each)
- 2x per week meditation (1 hr. each)
- 3x half-day excursion on request (a boat trip, a visit to the turtle farm and a tour around a spice garden)
- a room with private bathroom and balcony/terrace
- Ayurvedic treatments and consultations with the doctor
- at least 4 treatments per day – the necessary treatments are determined individually for each person by the medical team according to the state of health. (e.g. Abhyanga oil, herbal or rice bag massages, Kati Vasti (oil treatment with dough ring), various purification therapies (Panchakarma), herbal and final flower baths
- herbal medicine,
- Yoga mat, bathrobe and WLAN in the room
- initial and follow-up consultations with the Ayurvedic doctor, determination of the dosha and definition of the treatment and diet plan
- a doctor and therapist are always available
- Secured as a package tour with insolvency protection and security certificate
The following services are charged separately:
- Additional consultations by specialists for patients with special diseases such as cancer, stroke, heart disorders, ENT diseases or similar.
- Acupressure, acupuncture & laser therapy, eye treatment
- Additional examinations such as blood, urine, x-rays, etc.
- Medicine to be taken home after the spa treatment
- Drinks, which are NOT included in the cure offer
- Stay 28 nights – pay only 25: 3 nights for free
- stay 21 nights – pay only 19: 2 nights for free
- stay 14 nights – pay only 13: 1 night for free
Special transfers, trips and escorted tours can also be arranged upon request.
After the consultation with your Ayurvedic doctor, your recommended diet will be forwarded to our cooks who will take care of all your dietary needs. These recommendations will be followed closely by our restaurant team leader and all your individual needs will be taken care of in coordination with your diet. Our exquisite Ayurvedic cuisine includes foods fresh from the farm to aid in healing. Our chefs will be happy to present you with the variety of Ayurvedic recipes. This gives you the opportunity to learn something new every week in our live cooking demonstrations. We only use Ayurvedic products from suppliers and companies we know.
In addition to the therapeutic aspects, nutrition plays a major role in Ayurveda in order to bring the three vital energies (Tri Dosha) back into balance. Therefore, after the initial medical consultation, you will receive an individual nutrition plan. It will be updated during your stay with subsequent consultations and improvement of your health. We serve fresh vegetables, fruit and also fish. There is a wide range of delicacies such as B. red rice, jackfruit, okra, lentils, curries and salads.
- Meat and alcohol are not served.
- casual to chic (no swimwear)
- Breakfast: 07.00 – 09.00
- Lunch: 12.30 p.m. – 2.00 p.m
- Evening: 6.30pm – 8pm